Welcome to our Blog!

We are Jen and Marisa, graduate students at the University of Delaware and we LOVE food! So we decided to start a food blog as a fun and creative way to share our ideas and recipes. Enjoy :)

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fenway Franks...the hot dog saga continues



It should come as no surprise that there is yet another post about hot dogs. It's summer, hot dogs just make sense. With that in mind, I ventured on home to Massachusetts for a nice little vaca to my parents house (yes, grad school has resulted in me referring to being at my parents house for an extended period of time as a "vacation"). One of my very dear friends arrived home in America after a year of living in Abu Dhabi...where they don't eat hot dogs or any other form of pork for that matter. In celebration of Jenny being home, a bunch of us went to Fenway Park for a Sox game and obviously, a Fenway Frank, or 5. Jenny would not stop talking about how excited she was to eat a hot dog. Her excitement was contagious as my stomach began to rumble at the thought of a juicy salty Fenway Frank. Now, I do like hot dogs, but to me, there is no other place on earth where they taste as good as they do at Fenway. I got my 5 dollar hot dog and slathered it with mustard, ketchup, and relish. The anticipation was too much for me to handle, I will admit I took a few bites before I got back to my seat. Once I sat down I could enjoy my hot dog to its full potential. I tried to savor it but it was just too good. My hot dog was gone before the game even started. I couldn't stop myself from shoving the plump, juicy meat wrapped in a fresh soft bun into my face. As much a I enjoyed my Fenway Frank, I do not believe I enjoyed mine as much as Jenny enjoyed hers. I can't really blame her, as it was the first hot dog she has eaten in over a year which she actually ended up eating 3 that night. Oh Fenway, I love you and your franks. GO SOX!

No comments:

Post a Comment