Welcome to our Blog!

We are Jen and Marisa, graduate students at the University of Delaware and we LOVE food! So we decided to start a food blog as a fun and creative way to share our ideas and recipes. Enjoy :)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pasta with chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash in a garlic white wine sauce

I love pasta, chicken, zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, and white wine, so why not mix them all together? I had never made a white wine sauce before tonight, but I was pretty pleased with the end product. I took some thin sliced chicken breast and cut it into smaller pieces. I let the saute pan get warm with extra virgin olive oil and I added some fresh chopped garlic along with the chicken and fresh cracked black pepper with a little bit of salt. Once the chicken was mostly cooked, I added the zucchini (special thanks to Jody for the loads of zucchini she gave me from her Dad's garden) and yellow squash along with a little bit of rosemary and fresh basil. I also added maybe a 1/4 cup of white wine (Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio). Then I turned the heat up and let the veggies and chicken brown up in the pan. Meanwhile, I began to boil the pasta.
Once the chicken and veggies had browned up a bit, I removed them from the pan and added more wine to deglaze the yummy browned flavorful bits on the bottom of the pan. The wine reduced nicely as the pasta finished boiling. I added the pasta to the bowl of chicken and veggies and then topped it all with the white wine sauce from the saute pan. Lastly, I had toasted some pignoli nuts so I added them to the dish as well for an extra texture and rich flavor. I love pignoli nuts in my pasta, I just think they add this extra layer of satisfying flavor and a little bit of a crunch. Before I dug into my bowl, I also added some parmesan cheese and a little extra cracked black pepper. I must say, this was a very tasty dish and I will definitely be making it again, with lots more garlic!

No comments:

Post a Comment