Welcome to our Blog!

We are Jen and Marisa, graduate students at the University of Delaware and we LOVE food! So we decided to start a food blog as a fun and creative way to share our ideas and recipes. Enjoy :)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Delicious Christmas!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday with
their friends and family, I know I did. I went home to Massachusetts for a little over a week and got to spend some quality time with the fam and caught up with some dear old friends. And, of course, I ate copious amounts of food (and desperately need to get my butt to the gym). But before I start eating lettuce and yogurt and running 5 miles a day, let's recount the delicious morsels I consumed over the past week. I am
sad to say, I did not photograph a lot of it, but the ones I did take were some of my favs so I hope you all enjoy!


Christmas Eve began with a lovely trip into the Boston Opera House to see The Nutcracker with my parents, Gram, Jules, Lance, Abby & Noah. The Opera House is SO beautiful, the architecture and decor are definitely something to rave about. The Nutcracker was a great show as well. Anywho, after the show we all headed down to my sisters for dinner. It began with some appetizers, including bacon wrapped scallops. I am not a huge seafood fan (I know, doesn't make much sense being from New England), but I will eat a bacon wrapped scallop. You could wrap anything in bacon and it would be good, lets be serious. Next came the main course which included a homemade chicken alfredo, which my sister let us all know was HERS! It was very good, a nice thick creamy cheesy coating for the noodles and chicken. Lance also made a crock pot beef stew, which had been cooking all day so the meat just fell apart and the flavors were very well melded together from hanging out in the pot all day. It was yummy.










Christmas day we were at my uncles and had a traditional Turkey dinner, which I did not manage to get any pics of since I was busy stuffing my face. But, it was good, my mom made some delicious sweet potatoes. Later that night we headed up to Maine to my brother's house. We cooked up a bunch of Italian food for the weekend,

since the Pats were playing Sunday and Jules/Lance & the kids were coming up as well. I was in charge of calzone, Tommy & Erika made the sauce/meatballs and my Dad & Tommy did the Lasagna. Everything was molto bene! I made 4 calzones, all with wheat dough. 3 were the regular Italian filling with provolone, pepperoni, salami, prosciutto, capicola, ham, and mozzarella. Then topped with a mixture of sweet and hot peppers. (The same calzone recipe from the previous post). The last one was a turkey meatball and cheese with some homemade sauce. They were all delicious! I wish I had taken more pictures of all the food, but Holidays are about family and that's what I was busy with. Best wishes to you and yours :)



No comments:

Post a Comment