Welcome to our Blog!

We are Jen and Marisa, graduate students at the University of Delaware and we LOVE food! So we decided to start a food blog as a fun and creative way to share our ideas and recipes. Enjoy :)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The World's Greatest Roast Pork Sandwich EVER




So I am sure many of you are familiar with the show Man Vs. Food. Perhaps you even saw the episode when he was in Philly and went to the Reading Terminal Market for a roasted pork sandwich from Di Nic's. If you did then I hope you were also drooling at your television over this delicious looking piece of work.

Di Nic's is known for its pork and roast beef. You can get sharp provolone, roasted, peppers, spinach, or broccoli rabe as a topping on your sandwich. They also have hot peppers and horseradish sauce sitting on the counter as an option. Travis, Meghan and I all chose the roasted pork. I opted for sharp provolone and broccoli rabe as my topping. After waiting in line for at least a half hour, we were lucky enough to snag some seats at their counter top. This line was INSANE, it wrapped around the whole corner and was down near the fish market. After the first bite of my sandwich, I knew why the line was so long. And let me tell you, it is well worth the wait.

The outside of the bread is crusty enough that it stands up to the over flowing juice of the meat. The meat was unbelievably juicy. There was juice dripping off my sandwich after every bite. Just look at the juice in the picture. If your mouth isn't watering, then you must be a vegetarian. The provolone provides a smooth creamy contrast to the juicy pork while the broccoli rabe is a nice bitter bite. All of the elements came together so nicely, this sandwich was without doubt the best pork I have ever eaten. It was very large too, I took the 2nd half home because I just could not finish it. I did not want to ruin something so delicious by filling myself to the point where I was uncomfortable. This sandwich is all about savory enjoyment. I got a glimpse of their pulled pork and roast beef sandwiches as well, so the next time we go I think I may try the pulled pork. Be sure to pay the Reading Terminal Market a visit if you are ever in Philly. Beyond this sandwich, they have any type of food you could ever imagine and a bunch of local vendors that sell their homemade goods and make them all right in front of you. It was a great place!


No comments:

Post a Comment