Welcome to our Blog!

We are Jen and Marisa, graduate students at the University of Delaware and we LOVE food! So we decided to start a food blog as a fun and creative way to share our ideas and recipes. Enjoy :)

Monday, April 25, 2011

An Epic Eats Easter!



Happy Easter to everyone, I hope your day was as lovely as mine! I had a wonderful time being home with my family and enjoying time with my niece and nephews (Erik and Me are above!) It's good to be back on the blog too. Things have been so busy lately with school and life, it was hard to find time, but I'm back and I've got some delicious things to share :)

Trav and I headed up to my parents house for the weekend to enjoy Easter with my family. We went into Boston on Saturday to go to Mike's Pastry in the North End. A few lobster tails and a bunch of cannolis were just what we needed to bring a little cheer to the rainy day. I must say, lobster tails are starting to win me over. The crunchy flaky crust is such a good match for the fluffy cream inside. I always thought cannoli were my favorite, but I think I've been converted to a Lobster Tail Lovah. If you have never had one, you should probably order them off Mike's website.




Anywho, onto the good stuff: Easter brunch! After giving up meat for lent, I could not wait to eat some bacon on Easter morning. It was liberating and scrumptious. My Mom and Dad went all out and cooked a huge feast, with a lot of help of course from the family! My Dad was most excited about his Pizzagaina, a traditional Easter Ham Pie filled with tons of italian meats, cheeses, and eggs. He used his mother's recipe from when he was a kid, so it brought back some good memories. My brother and nephew helped him make it and they did such a great job. It was the first time I got to have pizzagaina, so I was really excited about it. Doesn't that picture just make you wanna take a huge bite hehe!



My Mom did some fantastic baking with the help of Erika. The monkey bread was my favorite - ooey gooey buttery cinnamon-y pastry bread! YUM! It didn't last very long at the table, I think everyone loved it. She also made an amazing chocolate bread pudding that she got from Paula Deen. It was SO chocolate-y, it tasted like very moist chocolate cake. Carol made a really delicious french toast casserole as well. It had apple slices on top with a sweet cream cheese frosting. Everything was just amazing. Of course we had bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, bagels, etc. Lance made his fancy fruit salad (we did have some healthy menu items!). And last but not least, we had mimosas! No brunch is complete without one!




I hope everyone had a great Easter and ate some yummy food. I will be posting these recipes soon so be on the lookout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment